Or something to post while dealing with the non-zen of Butterfly.
1. I am 4’ 11”.
2. I am a liar, I am really 4’ 10 ¾”. I lie about that all the time. My license proves it.
3. Aside from that, I am told I am brutally honest.
4. I don’t think it is always meant as a compliment.
5. I am not sure of my natural hair color.
6. I have no interest in finding out.
7. I love food.
8. I hate to cook.
9. I do number 8 only because of number 7.
10. I love reading cooking magazines. Weird, huh?
11. And then I cook. Did I mention that I hate to cook?
12. I am a terrible housekeeper.
13. I cannot function well in a messy house. How do you think that works for me?
14. Right now my house is all picked up.
15. I am so much more productive right now.
16. When I was 8 I broke both bones in my lower left leg.
17. It was set wrong and I had to have it re-broken to have it fixed.
18. It still hurts sometimes when it is cold.
19. I have three awesome daughters who frustrate and delight me endlessly.
20. Gillian is 19, Meagan is 17 (on December 1st), and Erin is 13.
21. I really enjoy having a 19 year old.
22. I sometimes feel I haven’t been a good mother.
23. I wonder if they are as wonderful as they are because of me or in spite of me. Or both.
24. I wish I could do it all over again. I would be better.
25. My birthday is December 8.
26. I found out today that my neighbor Carol has a daughter whose birthday is December 1st.
27. Five minutes later we discovered that we are both celebrating our birthday on December 8th.
28. I think those two things make us kindred spirits, even though we are separated by at least one generation.
29. I am a computer ditz.
30. I am typing this in Word.
31. It delights me to no end to find out that Word is automatically numbering my list.
32. Yes, I was totally surprised by that.
33. I am a grammar freak.
34. A spelling geek as well.
35. It isn’t unusual for me to have a physical reaction to misspelled or poorly written signs.
36. Here is a big pet peeve: Any chewing or smacking noises coming from the mouth.
37. I mean, it really drives me out of my mind.
38. From the moment my little babies were taking food by mouth I sat in front of them, in their high chairs, over-emphasizing chewing with my lips together and lightly holding their lips together so they got it.
39. It worked.
40. I don’t understand why all mothers don’t teach this to their kids.
41. My mom always taught me to never talk with food in my mouth.
42. My mom always talks with food in her mouth.
43. That drives me crazy.
44. In June I celebrated my 17th wedding anniversary.
45. Once again Word has surprised me by renumbering my list automatically when I added a sentence back about 5 statements ago.
46. I am married to one of the best men on the face of the earth.
47. My husband is my best friend.
48. I don’t think he thinks he is.
49. I love to read.
50. So do all three of my children.
51. When I was a kid I would be in a corner with a book and never hear my mother calling and calling me.
52. Now I don’t hear my kids talking to me.
53. And they don’t hear me when their noses are buried in a book either.
54. I love chocolate. The darker the better.
55. Chocolate with caramel, stuck in between my teeth being melted by hot black tea is one of my favorite sensations.
56. Having all but given up caffeine, I hardly ever get to have that feeling anymore.
57. I decaffeinate my own tea when I brew it.
58. I don’t like the taste of commercially decaf teas.
59. I am a Christian and attend church regularly.
60. My favorite thing about church is the music.
61. My least favorite thing is the hypocrisy.
62. I was raised Catholic, but now attend a Congregational church.
63. As far as I have come, I am convinced you cannot take all of the Catholic out of the girl.
64. I went to Catholic grade school for seven of eight years.
65. I went to a public school for 5th grade.
66. My birthday is a holy day of obligation, and I always had school off that day. Catholic schools don’t have a holiday on my birthday anymore.
67. I had eight different homes, all in different towns or states, by the time I was 14.
68. I was painfully shy as a child and teen.
69. You would never know that now.
70. In high school I made a conscious decision that shyness was getting me nowhere.
71. That was when I auditioned for my first musical theatre production and got a lead role.
72. I love to perform.
73. I majored in voice performance, but didn’t graduate.
74. At least two of my children have developed the same passion, and I am holding out some hope for the third.
75. There was a while when I “got” everything I auditioned for.
76. I always felt like an imposter, like I didn’t really deserve what I got.
77. That held me back.
78. My girls have every bit, if not more, of the talents and gifts I had then.
79. My parents did not encourage my musical growth.
80. I will go broke giving my kids every bit of training they deserve.
81. Actually, I am going broke doing just that, I went to work this year to pay for the lessons, the orchestras, schools, and coaches.
82. When my husband and I discuss where to cut costs, the lessons are, in my mind, non-negotiable.
83. I am not by nature, a *joiner*.
84. That has not stopped me from being on a committee at church, a fund raising chair for a music parents committee, becoming a La Leche League leader, being a member of many music groups, or kept me away from knitting, needlepoint and quilting classes. To name a few things I have *joined*.
85. I detest meetings.
86. I sigh audibly when people speak for too long, repeat themselves, or the same idea that the last seventeen speakers have conveyed.
87. When I lead meetings I time each subject so the meeting ends in a reasonable amount of time and no one topic is beaten to a bloody and frustrating pulp.
88. This does not always make me popular.
89. I am the oldest of four.
90. I don’t really remember my siblings being around during my high school and college years.
91. Yes, I am aware that makes me a self-involved person.
92. I am wildly opinionated.
93. I like for people to like me.
94. But I don’t really care if they don’t. That is their problem.
95. I always wish I could be one of the *in*crowd, and if I am, I usually want out.
96. I have over 100 Christmas cds.
97. I will get more this season.
98. I wear blue everyday. I wore pink once this summer, and when I passed a mirror I didn’t recognize myself. Yes, I know that is very strange. Whatever.
99. I have trouble making up my mind. Funny considering number 92.
100. I have never done one of these lists because I thought I couldn’t come up with 100 things. Now I wish it could be 200 because I have so many other things I could share with you.
I actually think I may do another *100* in a little while. How else will you ever know that I always wanted red hair. That I actually prayed about it. My oldest is a gorgeous red-head. Who says prayers aren't answered?
Hopefully tomorrow will bring the latest in the Obsessed With Noro Striping and How It Never Can Just Work Out Saga. I am having trouble letting go on this one. If you see a photo of blocking sleeves tomorrow...........well, let me just say it will be after much struggling with letting go and the process and all that.