Ten Things That Scare/Freak You Out.
- Tornadoes. I experienced on of the stormiest nights ever during the seventies, called a Super Outbreak. We could see funnel clouds from our home and hundreds (okay, 148) touched down that night. Since then, I am really frightened by them and when I am under extreme stress I will dream of tornadoes coming toward the house or my car when I am driving or when I am in labor and need to get to the hospital or...... Not thunder or lightening though. Love those.
- Something happening to Pete.
- Something happening to the girls.
- When I am on my run, loose dogs, slow driving cars, wild animals. There are bears and moose and racoons.....
- The Lamisil commercials, those creepy little toe nail fungus creatures crawling under toe nails......Heebie Jeebies! I have to close my eyes and cover my ears, or change the channel.
- Throw up. Either doing it....., or hearing it....., or seeing it..... Luckily, Pete is stronger than I and has no sense of smell. He did throw up duty. Except one time when he was travelling and I had to clean up an entire bathroom and hallway after one of my children who shall remain nameless. Let me just say that it wasn't that long ago and she should have known better.
- Putting my feet under the sheets and finding something alive under there. I pull the sheets down and check before I tuck in at night.
- Going to the bathroom in the dark. I just cannot sit on the toilet without checking it first.
- Ever since watching Ben Hur as a kid, skin things. I can even feel another's sunburn, I just can't look, I feel it in every cell in my body. And I have the skin of a pimply teenager as a punishment.
- Listening to Yoko Ono. Or right now, as I am watching Jessica Simson sing.....
Ninety-two to go. I am guilty of the overuse of something. I wonder what it is........