Ten Things You Want To Do in 2009. Is that like a resolution list? Or just stuff I'd like to do. Sort of a bucket list. Or a dream list, things that it would be interesting or fun or great to do, but will probably never happen. Things are flying around in my head and the two things that are usual about this list making and me prevail. One, there is the first list, my private list and then the list I am willing to share with the internets. Some things are on both lists. Then the second thing, it will be a hodge-podge of things I want to do and probably will, things that seem interesting and wouldn't it be great if I go to them and dream stuff. Hey, we'd all like to do a lot of things, right. Doesn't mean we can or will, but it is nice to have dreams. So, these ten things are not goals or resolutions, or even intentions (well, some might be), just a list of ten things.
- Do a chin-up. A real, honest to God, hang from a bar and pull my body weight up until my chin is above that bar chin-up. You have no idea how far from that I really am. Maybe if there is a pit of snakes below me.....
- Make a quilt, well two really.
- Go to Maui. (That is on every to-do list I have.)
- Knit through some of my stash. Some. Like one ball or a couple of hundred, just some. I'd better get started.
- Spin enough yarn for a large project, like a sweater. Now, where will I find the fiber.....?
- See peace in the middle-east.
- Make a million bucks then give it all away then make another million.
- CONVINCE TYPEPAD TO GO BACK TO LETTING ME RESPOND TO COMMENTS THE EASY WAY. BY HITTING REPLY IN THE EMAIL AND GETTING THE COMMENTORS EMAIL TO REPLY TO!!!! It used to be that way, why change a good thing? Why? WHY?! People! Complain!
- Knit something for myself that is not blue. Hey, I did it last year, right?
- Drink through half my tea stash. That one will be very, very hard. I think I'll go get started.
Six. These lists start to feel an awful lot like shoulding. You should never should yourself, it only leads to disappointment.