This week is something like Ten Movie or Song Remakes. Oh wait. Ten Favorite Movie or Song Remakes. I can't think of any. Not one. So, I decided to skip the movie thing, because I rarely like a remake enough to make it my favorite, but I would so LOVE to hear what yours are. So, I am going with songs and even that I went on a search for and my list may be heavily influenced by the Eva Cassidy channel on Pandora, so this probably isn't a good representation of covers that I like, just ones I have heard recently. I didn't dig very deep or try to be very original. I need more time for that. So grab a cup of coffee or tea, your knitting and listen to what turned out to be a mellow mood of covers.
- Don't Think Twice, It's Alright-Bree Sharp (click on link, scroll to boom box and click arrows until you get to it, then play!)
- I Will-Alison Kraus.
- Love Me Tender-Norah Jones.
- You've Got A Friend-James Taylor
- Cry Baby/Take Another Little Piece of My Heart-Melissa Etheridge and Joss Stone (but mostly Melissa)
- Red, Red Wine-UB40
- Hurt-Johnny Cash
- Here Comes The Sun-Yo-Yo Ma and James Taylor
- Songbird-Eva Cassidy
And Fields of Gold
Somewhere Over The Rainbow, too.
- Goodnight-Manhattan Transfer.