I'm straying from the topic today because.......
It's my BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!
it's all about
Me, me, just me! At least for me it is all about me. If I don't make it all about me, who will? Right? So, ten things about me. And yes, I do realize that this could be the most boring post ev.er!
- I was born in 1962. I am not afraid to say it. 47. It does seem very strange to see it written out like that. Forty-seven. Four. Seven. I don't have any feeling about it at all. Just numb. Almost like it isn't really my age at all.
- Atlantic City is my place of birth. We lived right outside of AC, and moved when I was little, but when we would visit relatives each summer it was a huge treat to go to the boardwalk and get a birch beer.
- When I was eight I fell off my bike and broke both bones in my left leg. A man getting out of his car picked me up and carried me to my parents, telling me not to look down, which of course I did. Bones coming through skin. Not something you want to see. I found out later that the man had a heart condition and wasn't supposed to lift anything.
- I am obsessing over tinsel Christmas trees. I really want one.
- Not as my main tree, just a fun one.
- I love presents. I think I should get one every day in December.
- I love Christmas, but find it harder and harder to find the spirit each year. I listen to the music, decorate, do the gift thing...... "Where are you Christmas? Why can't I find you?" HEH.
- I have decided to be nice to the cats that live in my house. Let me be clear: I have always been a better mother to them than anybody else, I just don't care for them and am probably allergic to them and sort of wish they lived someplace else. I thought if I was nice to them that I might start to love them. It isn't working, but they like me a lot more for whatever that is worth.
- I love jigsaw puzzles and if one is in progress I will stay up too late and ignore everything else I have to do to find "just one" more piece. I love to have a holiday puzzle going and have completed one, but I am leaving it out so that I don't start another one just yet. Things to do, dontcha know.
- I plan on spending my day with at least most of these: