Well, I was just thinking to myself that I let the day go by without posting and I had intended on posting something or other. Then I realized that I had let the day go by without reading blogs. I can't promise that I intended to do that, I have been lax in that department, but I hopped over to Bloglines to see that there are hundreds of posts that I haven't read and I decided to read a couple. (The real reason I am still here is that I am really tired and still have to get changed, take out my contacts, wash my face, brush my teeth, put my pajamas on, plug my phone in to charge, set my water heater for the morning, turn out all of the lights and go to bed. I am so tired that it is overwhelming me and I am just not doing it. Stupid, I know.)
So, I was thinking that I had a plan for Ten on Tuesday, but I didn't get it together and was going to blow off posting altogether. That is the plan I should be going with, but in an attempt to avoid the above mentioned nighttime ritual, I decided to copy Etherknitter and post ten of my favorite yarns while I am waiting for the energy to go to bed for the weather forecast. So, let's see if I can come up with ten in no particular order, I am just too tired for that.
- Rowan Magpie and Magpie Tweed, sadly discontinued.
- Woolen Rabbit Opulence.
- Jaggerspun Zephyr lace weight. I love this yarn, and I love to get it died by indy dyers like Judy of Ball and Skein.
- Koigu KPM and KPPPM.
- Rowan Kidsilk Haze. It is nicknamed Kidsilk Crack and I know why.
- Rowan Felted Tweed.
- Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride Worsted. I love the way this stuff felts and it is the yarn I used in the blue bag I blogged last week and some of my felted pumpkins.
- Woolen Rabbit Whisper Merino Lace. I've knit three shawls with this and I love it.
- The sweater I am wearing right now is made of Berroco Zoom Zoom Plus. The thought of the yarn is ancient, I made this sweater at least 23 years ago. And it is a BLEND!!!! I love this sweater and the colors the yarn came in. If they made this yarn again I would stock up. Really, this post would be so much better if I had a photo of the sweater, wouldn't it? Someday.
- Not that I have a lot of it or that I've knit with it that much, but my handspun. Just because I made it.
This list just barely scratches the surface of yarns that I love and like that ether-woman my intention is to end the year with less yarn than I started it with. I'm pretty well on my way. Oh, well...... I did purchase a little bit of yarn over the weekend, but only a little and I intend to knit it up quickly. Then there are my plans for Olympic knitting. It's all good.
2010. Twenty-four. Now to bed. If I can work up the enthusiasm and energy.