- Turkey day.
- The girls are all home.
- Prep and a run.
- Lots of family coming and going all day long. It feels chaotic, but somehow controlled.
- I didn't overeat at the meal, but my gluten-free, vegan pumpkin pie went down well and often.
- So did some other pies.
- I look forward to sitting and knitting at the end of the day and when I finally get to sit I am too tired to lift my knitting.
- No Black Friday shopping.
- They could be giving it away.......
- Friday afternoon is spent at Cyndi's with extended family and if I thought my house was chaotic, this puts it all in perspective.
- It's an awesome chaos.
- Started the holiday movie/show watching with Elf and Love Actually.
- I love both of those films.
- Saturday is spent knitting and going for a run.
- Saturday night is Sushi Night at Cyndi's again. So.Much.Fun.
- Sunday is knitting and football and I get my crafty side on and create my Advent Wreath.
- Wishing I had remembered to take one photo of anything I did.
Knitting progress. I didn't knit as much as I might have liked over the weekend. It looks like NaKniSweMo won't be happening for me. There has been progress since this photo was taken and in my mind I can totally finish this in time! A sleeve and a half plus the shawl collar and wide button band? No problem! If I don't sleep and quit my jobs.
Along with my Christmas music coming out for the season, my collection of mugs followed along. The first one I pulled out was my favorite, the other side depicts Santa's sleigh flying across the sky. Doesn't Santa look adorable?
There is also amaryllis progress. THAT is not the amaryllis that I have been showing so far this fall. I purchased that one yesterday when I got the greens for my Advent Wreath (no I didn't hike through the woods for them, and for what I needed it is crazy that I purchased them at my local garden center, but that's just how this year rolled.
The amaryllis that I have been showing is on time-out in the garage. I thought we had fruit flies and I couldn't figure out where they were coming from and then Pete noticed them on the amaryllis soil. Turns out they were fungus gnats (EEWWWWW!) and until I have time to get some insecticide and clean off the top layer of soil and cover with rocks that amaryllis lives in the garage to keep the gnats from spreading to my two other amaryllises. Thank goodness it is warmish.
Here is a better photo of my Advent Wreath. The wreath form, the greens, some floral wire and a hot glue gun was all it took. My girls even commented on how talented I am. They really did! Something along the lines of wondering if there is anything I can't do when it comes to being crafty. Awww. Again, I was totally surprised at the outcome. It isn't perfect, but it is perfectly me.
Because the cables are just so pretty. I have mixed feelings about moving onto the sleeves. On the one hand I am closer to the end, on the other I am finished knitting those cables and they were fun. This is really one of those projects that I will be happy and sad that I am finishing. The yarn and design are perfect together and I am enjoying every second of the knitting.
Now for the Christmas song of the day. This one is only here as a nod to my childhood. Pure nostalgia. Funny, it is the same song, but on my cd there is a clip-clopping (like an actual horse) with the percussion and as kids we would do that click-clock thing with our tongues. With exaggerated mouth movements. I don't hear it as well in this audio.
2011. Forty-nine. $3.00. So, you should really listen to this one as well. Still the Tijuana Brass playing Tijuana Christmas. I love it, so dated, so kitchy, so fun! I mean, my head just bobs and nods through the whole thing. I LOVE IT!!!!! Total nostalgia for me.