- I should start this post on Fridays and keep a running tally of my weekend as it goes by.
- Because as of right now, I've forgotten a bit of it.
- I remember delegating.
- People should be very careful visiting my home during any kind of cleaning or decorating.
- There is no level to which I will not sink.
- Just ask my brother-in-law.
- He thought I was kidding, you know, making a joke when I put the wreath, bow and all the rest in front of him when he stopped by to watch the football game.
- He doubted he was the man for the job.
- I didn't.
- I was right.
- He was very focused and just as particular about it as I would have been.
- The red was his idea, I was against it.
- Until he put it together.
- See? He was the right man for the job.
- While he was hard at work I headed out to get the navy bows for the window wreaths and the greens for my Advent Wreath.
- Which reminded me that I totally forgot Advent Calendars this year.
- My Advent Wreath is looking beautiful.
- Something about bringing out the crafty girl in me while listening to holiday tunes ignites a glimmer of holiday spirit in me.
- Dinner Saturday was out with friends.
- Followed by a painful episode of the hiccups.
- If I go out in the cold after eating I get the hiccups.
- It took two rounds of drinking water upside down to get them to stop.
- My middlest turned 25 on Saturday.
- When I turned 25 she turned 1 week old.
- Hard to believe.
- Harder to believe what else that means.
- I spent a bit of my weekend contemplating that.
Weekending along (albeit at the last second) with Amanda of Habit of Being. Her Weekending posts remind me of my days with little ones and how busy it was while comparitively our weekends are sometimes so quiet when one kid lives miles away and another worked most of it and the birthday girl and her boyfriend took off for the north where there are quiet inns and the ski areas are making snow. While we are mostly okay with that transition, I didn't raise them to keep them, Pete and I are still adjusting and sometimes find ourselves all at ends without the schedules and practices and carpools and games.....
It's a good problem to have.
2012. What's your favorite hiccup remedy?