A little mantra for every January One. Some years I am way more successful than others, but like January One says, it's intention that counts, right?
Things I managed to get in:
- Ate a wonderful breakfast. It was healthy and delicious. I'm actually pretty good at this one, should be easy.
- I cooked and shared that breakfast with my favorite people on earth. We are on the cusp (like one or two days away) from being empty nesters for real so having all of my grown up girls in one place brings joy to my heart.
- Put my sneakers on and hit the road for almost 4 miles. I love working out in the cold and today was BRRRRR!!! There was a short burst of a run, I'm not gonna lie about that, but my ankle held up so maybe I'll try it again next time.
- I took a nice long stretch and used my foam roller and my massage roller. For some reason (probably years of stretching on the fly and lactic acid build up) my muscles are very sore to the touch and loaded with trigger points. I've been using the rollers and counting my stretches out and after a week I'm seeing some improvement.
- Knitting, I do a lot of that so that isn't a challenge, but today I might have been knitting for an addition to our family.
No, not me, we will still be empty nesters, but one of my daughters is growing a human as we speak! We are excited about being grandparents!
- Spinning. Well. I thought about it and there is some alpaca (Diego's fleece blended with silk) and a drop spindle on my coffee table. We'll see where that goes. I might even set up my wheel hoping that looking at it will inspire me.
- Blogging. I'm doing it! Which leads to.....
- Take more photos (thought about it). I've really fallen off partly because we made the mistake of giving Erin a Canon camera last year. I have a Canon. I used to have lenses....... Now she is heading to photography school (she's been a working photographer for some time now and turns out she had some talent there) and I am bargaining for at least one lens to stay with me. I did get a lens for Christmas, now to replace that battery.....
- This. Somebody deserves it.
- Meditated. Gotta bump that up to a daily pracitce as opposed to every once in a while.
- Say something to make someone's day every day. Nobody in particular, just anybody.
- Making lists for a BUNCH of things I just didn't get to today which I'll share over time (if I can keep up with the blogging.
- And now I am going to dig one of these out and leave it in a conspicuous place so that I can actually finish them, or at least make decent progress, by next Christmas. There are a lot more where these came from (a large bin in my craft room AND a large container in my basement uh-oh).
One. This is not a list of resolutions. Nor is it a complete list of things I hope to get done this year. Just a list to focus my scattered brain on the possibilities.