I don't know. Ten Thoughts on This Year's Oscar Show. I didn't see a single movie this year and while I watched some of the ceremony I was largely underwhelmed by the whole thing. BUT! You know if there is music involved I can find something to like about it.
Ten of my favorite Academy Award winning songs. Or nominated. Or the ones that I could find YouTube videos to post....
- Great song for a Working Girl....
Let The River Run
- I was unrecognizeable to myself....
Streets of Philadelphia
- Or blow me a kiss! And that's lucky, too!
Chim Chim Cheree.
- When I was just a little girl
I asked my mother what will I be
Will I be pretty will I be rich
Here's what she said to me
Que Sera Sera. This was one of my FAVORITE songs when I was little.
- Love... Look at the two of us..
For All We Know. This is not the version from the movie, but the more well known version by the Carpenters. I LOVED The Carpenters.
These last two have similar themes.
- Not "Welcome to Fantasy Island!"
I do love this song, it has been done so well by a few artists. Watch to the end, the roles get reversed, it's kinda cute.
- I know, I KNOW! Predictable, but I only like it when I see the dance sequence...
I've Had The Time Of My Life.
- This one? Just because wouldn't every girl want to have someone sing to them just like this...
- ...hear my heart burst again...
- For one so small, you seem so strong....
You'll Be In My Heart. This was, up until two days ago, my song with Erin. She let me know that it wasn't, for her own reasons, that for her and she thought it was hysterical that I called her every time I heard it. I'll have to come up with a new song now....
- Maybe this song can be the new Erin song!
We Belong Together
- Or maybe this one!
If I Didn't Have You
- While it isn't an award winner, maybe it should be this one, since 1. I'm on a Randy Newman kick and 2. well.... it should be obvious.
Ahahahahaha! Just kidding!
Fourteen. This list does not even come close and doesn't even cover the songs that I thought should have won and didn't. Maybe that can be a list. Or maybe I'll just make one later this week....
I was going to spare you this one, but I really love it.