Remember last year? That was when I raffled off a shawl to support my family's fund raising efforts for their Tour de Cure ride benefiting the American Diabetes Association.
I'm doing it again!!! More shawls! More fun!
The ride is this Saturday and Sunday! We are in a rush. Here is the deal. The raffle, or the opportunity to participate in the raffle will last for two weeks, but anyone who donates by Saturday morning at 9 a.m. gets an extra benefit. Here we go:
- $5 gets you one chance, $25 gets you 7 chances.
- The drawing for the shawls will be held on or about July 28.
- There will be a minimum of three shawls plus the opportunity to choose a shawl to be knitted by me by the end of the year. Shawl may be in lace, fingering, sport, dk, or worsted weight yarn up to 1200ish yards. I'll be happy to help you choose the pattern and yarn.
- Choice of shawl will be determined by order of drawing, first gets first choice, second get second choice, and so on.
- BONUS! I will do a BONUS! drawing at the end of the ride on Sunday. Anyone who has or does donate by 9 a.m. on Saturday the 12th will be entered in initial drawing for the first choice of shawl. AND!!! Everyone who donates by 9 a.m. on Saturday will receive one extra chance for the final drawing.
- So that everyone gets a chance, I will limit winners to one win.
- Clear as mud? If not, email me or comment with questions before donating.
Here is what you have to do:
- You may donate to any of my three family members that are raising money for their ride (links to their pages to follow).
- If you would rather not sign up on the ADA pages you can paypal me and I will donate all monies sent to me. My paypal address is peteresacampbell <AT> comcast <DOT> net. Make the obvious changes.
- After you have donated please email me (same email as above) and let me know that you have and the amount of your donation. I will email you with a confirmation, so if you don't hear back from me then contact me again.
Here they are:
My husband, Pete is riding for the second year. You can donate to his ride here.
My daugther is not riding this year, but she did sign up before she knew that she was going to be unable to ride (news on that in a second). Because there is still a cost to the ride associated with her registration she will still be fundraising. Donate to her fundraising effort here!
We have a red rider among our group. Ben is my future son-in-law and daddy to my very new grand-daughter (the above mentioned excuse for Meg to skip the ride this year) is a Type 1 diabetic and has been for nearly his entire life. You can donate to Ben here.
Please, spread the word!
(This is where I pull out the cute!)
Reagan says: This is my daddy and me! Please donate to my Pop-Pop or my mommy or my daddy! You will be contributing to research toward cures and treatments plus aid to people with Diabetes, like my daddy.
Reagan also told me to type: Here I am with my Pop-Pop! I have him wrapped around my tiniest little finger, and I know you are wrapped there, too! Please donate! Pretty please!
Nineteen. Thanks in advance for your generosity. And yes, on June 15th my family grew by one tiny in size, but huge in joy, beauty, disruption, and love little baby girl. She is the best! I know you want more baby photos, I promise in the days to come.... (Just try and stop me!)