I'm quickly posting from my husband's iPad. You know that means one thing and one thing only.
The Genius Bar has my laptop. My phone is also experiencing technical difficulties. Hooray!
Tomorrow, provided I have a better way to post, I will point out the obvious and not so obvious connections. For now, TBT to November 10, 2012.
I've been working on a post with actual knitting content, but because I am not on my own computer and cannot access my photos and all of that, I have to wait on it. Boo.
I used to do a sort of random list post on Fridays and since I'm a little bit in limbo I thought it would be a good post to try.
- I posted to the blog from the TypePad iPhone app for the first time yesterday.
- Not too bad when you are in a crunch, I'll have to try and add a photo sometime.
- I hate typing on my iPhone.
- Posting from my phone is not a viable alternative to get me through NaBloPoMo.
- If that is my only option, by Thanksgiving I might be posting from a nice place where I go to "rest".
- If they let me keep my phone.
- Did you know that when you post from your phone, read an email notification of a comment that someone has left and respond to it just like you would on your computer (replying to the email), that the response shows up as a comment on your blog?
- There was a moment of panic before I realized that my responses were appropriate for the public at large.
- I'll be careful about that in the future.
- Just went to double check previous posts to make sure that wasn't happening from my laptop.
- Then I read over Wednesday's post and found no fewer than four misspellings.
- Well, not really misspellings, but missing letters from words which leads to communicating something I didn't intend.
- I'll fix that in a minute.
- That reminds me.
- I'm not one of those people that is offended when someone points out a misspelled word or a blatant grammatical error or even a sentence that, after reading it five times, makes entirely no sense to the reader.
- Tell me! I'll go back and fix stuff.
- Some of you know that I have a broken pinky toe.
- Navigating my way to bed in the dark I walked in to a poorly placed box.
- You should read that as my room is a mess and that box should be on a closet shelf.
- And yet, the box remains in the same dangerous spot.
- Yes, I just admitted that.
- The noise woke Pete long enough to see me on all fours and gasping for the breath that had been banged out of me long enough to ask, "You okay?"
- Even when my answer was no, he went right back to sleep.
- I needed pain-killers badly and had to go GET THEM MYSELF!
- He's good for other things, I guess.
- Wait, I KNOW he is good for other things.
- Lolling around, for instance!
- Anyway, two nights later I hit the same toe on a suitcase, also an item that should have been 'away' and not 'out'.
- Four weeks later and I still cannot wear shoes.
- Thank God for UGGS.
- They hurt a little, too.
- I don't think it is healing properly, my podiatrist pretty much said it wouldn't, but surgery isn't recommended for a pinky toe.
- Had it been my big toe there would be a pin holding it aligned right now.
- I hate surgery, but looking at the angle of my poor little toe I want a pin.
- Shouldn't the swelling be down by now?
- I have been trying to edit a photo on an online photo editor for the last 45 minutes.
- Not happy with the result.
- I had a picture in my mind's eye and am taking too long to get there.
- Part of the problem is the computer I am working on, it is old and slow and I spend a lot of time looking at that rainbow wheel of death.
- That wheel causes a stress reaction in me and I should avoid that, right?
- I just wanted to make this an Eye Candy Friday as well.
It is now Saturday, late. New list.
- This is where the post went down hill.
- I spent a huge ton of time trying to use an online photo editor to edit a photo I took so that this could have some 'eye candy', but almost lost my mind because the computer I'm working on is S-O S-L-O-W!!!!
- But I mentioned that yesterday in the list.
- Then the pinky toe that I also mentioned?
- Slammed that into a door jam in the few minutes between shower and shoes.
- I've been so careful about wearing shoes!
- I totally felt any healing crack right open.
- So I decided the best thing I cold do next was to go out and have beer and pizza and maybe a martini and post for a second time from the app on my phone.
- Southern Tier Pumking rocks me right off my gluten free life into yummy happiness.
- And then into muscle aching, hung-over feeling, joint painy ickiness.
- Worth it?
- I'll have another in a few weeks.
- And remember again why I waited.
- Never learns, that is my middle name.
- I've been loaned an iPad, but I found that it doesn't support all formats and I can only post using HTML and not Rich Text.
- And I hate the keyboard.
- So now I've decided the best thing I can do is head to the Genius Bar and beg for help there. I have an appointment tonight.
- Fingers crossed.
- Please, feel the optimism that I am not.
- Meanwhile, NaKniSweMo continues apace.
- I might have a sweater very soon, but it may not meet the 50,000 stitch requirement.
- I guess I'll have to knit another sweater by the end of the month.
- I heard that.
- I just say, "LET THE HILARITY COMMENCE!"
2012. Nineteen. At least I think Nineteen, since the last few posts have been sixteen. Heh.
Thirty-eight. Seriously. Nearly the same.