hmmm. i'm one of those people that doesn't have any interests. you know. if you asked me if i have read any good books lately i'd say i don't read. pretty much i spend my days dusting, mopping and puttering around looking forward to wheel of fortune.1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you? Yes, Yes and No
2. Do you spin? Crochet? I don't spin (yet) and crochet only a little.
3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)I am pretty sensitive to fragrances, so I don't wear perfumes or burn candles.
4. How long have you been knitting? 34 years.
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? Yes, there is a link on my blog, but I can't figure out how to get it here. Actually, if this shows up on my about page it will be a miracle.
6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.) Ummmm.......wool, baking apple crisp, anything cooking that someone else is cooking, but that doesn't really answer the question does it?
7. Do you have a sweet tooth? Oh Yeah!
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? I sew, quilt, needlepoint and x-stitch.
9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I love all kinds of music, but draw the line at rap and stuff like it. Yes to MP3s.
10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand? Okay, you may have never read my blog before, but by now you must have figured out the answer to that question. I am trying to branch out a little.
11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? Married with Children (girls ages 20, 17, and 13). We have one cat. I will remain silent about the relationship between the cat and myself, but suffice it to say: not all people get along, not all people and cats do either.
12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know).
13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? Right now I am on a lace kick, but mostly I stick with wool or mohair, you can see in my photo album (Stash of Blues) what types of yarn I tend to get. I have cotton, have knit with it, but I never find it the most wonderful of experiences.
14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? acrylics, sometimes cottons.
15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s? As above, lace, shawls, socks, which is different from my usual sweaters, alot of arans. I'm sure I am on a momentary detour.
16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? Just one?
17. What are you knitting right now? Socks, easy peasy Koigu socks. Trying to relax through them, but waiting for the shawl pattern I ordered to arrive so I can cast on for that.
18. What do you think about ponchos? Eh, they look cool on other people, but I am not so sure they are for me. I'll try anything once. I didn't think I would wear a shawl until I made one.
19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Circular.
20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? I go in cycles. Right now it is aluminum, but I'll probably be back to wood and bamboo any day now.
21. Are you a sock knitter? Big time.
22. How did you learn to knit? My mom started me out and after that I am mostly self taught.
23. How old is your oldest UFO? This is embarrassing. I have a Candide cardigan that only needs seeming and a zipper. I knit it probably 22 years ago.
24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird? I don't have a fave animated character that I can think of, but I do collect sheepy things.
25. What is your favorite holiday? The day after Christmas. The kids are busy, no commitments or obligations. I read and knit. It has been this way since I was little. My favorite day of the year.
26. Is there anything that you collect? Teapots and sheep.
27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? Interweave Knits is my favorite, I still like Vogue knitting most of the time and when my Knitters runs out I am unlikely to resub.
28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on? So many. I will update my Amazon list. I have been looking at alot of lace books and anything by Nancy Bush (I have Folk Knitting). Actually this is a good time to update the Amazon list.